Rules and General Regulations of the Sobell Bridge Club
The club meets at the following times:-
SUNDAYS 6.50 for 7.00 p.m. to play Gentle Pairs or Teams
MONDAYS 7.20 for 7.30 p.m. to play Duplicate Pairs
TUESDAYS 6.50 for 7.00 p.m. to play Duplicate Pairs
THURSDAYS 7.20 for 7.30 p.m. to play Duplicate Pairs
The above are played in the Michael Sobell Centre at Mount Vernon Hospital
FRIDAYS 1.30 for 1.45 p.m. to play Duplicate Pairs, at Grove Court, Grove Crescent, Croxley Green.
Members should note that they should arrange a partner in advance for Duplicate bridge.
Subscriptions and Membership.
The subscriptions and fees are decided at the Annual General Meeting. Currently they are: -
£10.00 – Joining fee
£10.00 – Annual Subscription
£4.00 – Playing fee (£3.00 Friday afternoon & Sunday)
£5.00 – Visitor’s Playing fee.
For juniors under the age of 18 the Joining and Visitor’s Playing fees are 50% of the full amounts above, and there is no Member’s Playing fee. The Annual Subscription remains the same as the full amount.
The annual subscription becomes due at 1st May each year. Membership may be withdrawn if the subscription becomes more than three months overdue.
All applicants for membership must have visited the Club at least twice to play.Application forms must be signed by two members of the Club. Acceptance of membership will be at the discretion of the Committee.
On acceptance, a membership card will be issued which must be produced at the request of any official of the Club. Members may bring guests as permitted in the constitution.Other visitors may be allowed to play if they can be readily accommodated.
Playing of Bridge.
- Play will be conducted in accordance with the Laws of Contract Bridge and the regulations set out by the English Bridge Union.
- Members are entitled to invite up to three guests per evening. Guests and visitors may attend on up to three consecutive occasions and on up to a maximum of six times per year.
- Any dispute during play must be referred to the Tournament Director who will make a decision that must be accepted at the time. An appeal against the decision may be made to an Appeals Committee who may subsequently confirm, adjust or overturn the decision.
- At the decision of the Committee, membership may be withdrawn from a person who plays unfairly, or is inconsiderate, discourteous or offensive to other players, or fails to comply with the rules of the Club or with any reasonable request made by the Tournament Director.
- Smoking is not permitted within the premises occupied by the Club.
- Members are expected to help with arranging and tidying the rooms both before and after play, to be punctual, to treat the equipment with care, to keep reasonably quiet and to respect any instructions of the Tournament Director or Session Manager.